Trustees Call Out: A New Chapter for Homotopia
NOW RECRUITING: TRUSTEES for the UK’s longest running LGBTQ+ arts and cultural festival
Homotopia is looking for new Board Members with the right skills and passion to support the organisation at a key stage in its development.
Homotopia is the UK’s longest running and best-known LGBTQ+ arts and cultural organisation. In the last 3 years changes to our staffing structure have granted the organisation an opportunity to revise and modernise this small but ambitious organisation. Do you have the vision and drive to help Homotopia move into a new chapter?
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our committed Board of Trustees forms an invaluable part of the team, ensuring that Homotopia is well run, that our staff team is supported and that the organisation is financially robust. To add to the talent and dedication of our existing Board, we are looking to recruit up to three new Trustees.
We are particularly looking for skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising: You are able to demonstrate excellent networking skills with high-net-worth individuals and organisations and/or have experience in bid writing and identifying trusts and grants opportunities.
- HR: You have strong people-management experience including knowledge of policy and best practice in HR.
- Law: You have legal knowledge, skills and experience relating to the running of small-medium businesses.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and welcome applicants for people of all backgrounds. In order to represent the full diversity of LGBTQ+ communities in the UK, applications from people who belong to groups underrepresented in the arts, including BAME, disabled and trans people, are especially welcomed. It is not necessary for Board members to identify as LGBTQ+, however it is vital that they have a good understanding of and are allies to the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ people in Britain today as well as a passion for queer culture.
Homotopia was founded in Liverpool in 2004 as an unincorporated association, with a small grant from Liverpool City Council. Our mission is to draw on the LGBTQ+ experience to unite and regenerate communities through the production, promotion and commissioning of great art for everyone. In 2012 Homotopia became a company limited by guarantee, with charitable aims. Since 2012 we have been included in the Arts Council England National Portfolio of organisations (NPO) annually funded. Alongside Arts Council England our other core funder is Liverpool City Council.
- Attendance at board meetings: Homotopia’s Board meets every 3 months in central Liverpool. Board members must maintain a minimum of 50% attendance at meetings.
- Willingness to attend key events, launches and performances as a representative of Homotopia.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for Homotopia.
- Trustees serve for a maximum term of 4 years (2 x terms of 2 years).
- Trustees are not paid, however opportunities for personal development will be available.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter (max. 1 side of A4) explaining your interest in Homotopia and what skills and experience you have that make you a good fit for the role of trustee. If you wish, please also include a recent CV (max. 2 sides of A4) and/or a link to your website.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF attachments by 10:00 on Friday 25 October 2019.