For one night only, our Queer the City project will take over the Museum of Liverpool in our first NML Xtra event. An evening showcasing some of the region’s most exciting LGBTQ+ artists all under one roof, the museum will be brought to life with experiences, encounters and installations embedded around its galleries for guests to discover and enjoy.
With more to be announced the line-up includes:
• Ghetto Fabulous presents the thrilling Catwalk Extravaganza. Dancers go head-to-head in a dance, fashion, and lip sync competition at this interactive event where the audience decides the winner. Join this fabulous celebration of self-expression and help crown the champ!
• A night-long immersive reimagining of Virgina Woolf’s Mrs Dalloway (1925), created and performed by Matthew Rawcliffe. Matthew is a dance artist from Manchester who is best known for being a grand finalist in BBC Young Dancer (2019).
• Spice Boys, Walter Ego, Ryan & Uncle Martin, will drag up your life, serving 90s/00s boyband nostalgia and dance moves.
• Luna Thee Frenchie and Abbie Morris of QueenswaY, a female, LGBTQ+ and non-binary collective which celebrates artists across the Wirral and Liverpool, come together to supply a range of melodic beats that will have guests on their feet.
• Live music from singer songwriter, iamkyami, whose neo-soul, RnB, hip hop and indie sound was recently profiled in National Museums Liverpool’s Museum Sessions
• Dan Chan, visual and drag artist, will investigate their sense of place in the world as a mixed-race British Chinese, non-binary and queer person.
• Pretentious Dross, gender-fluid drag artist, producer and co-director of EAT ME CIC, Liverpool’s infamously radical, alternative queer cabaret.
• Hands-on activist art workshops led by local artists, Sophie Green and Leo Welton.
• Spoken word by Queer Bodies, a north-west based poetry collective. Poems inspired by LGBTQ+ writers and the poetic techniques, voices and style that gives their work character, will make for empowering and inspiring performances.
Please note that photography will be taking place at this event for promotional purposes. If you have any questions or concerns about this, or would like to ensure you are not photographed, please speak to a member of staff during the event
Queer art should be available to everyone. If a FREE ticket would be helpful for you, drop us a line to email@example.com, no explanation necessary.
NML Xtra is a series of events taking over National Museums of Liverpool venues and spaces like never before outside daytime opening hours. Providing sparkling entertainment and delicious food and drink, the NML Xtra series will both reimagine the venues and invite visitors to explore collections in new and creative ways.