Privacy statement [Updated February 2019]
Homotopia Ltd. is committed to handling and storing personal information in compliance with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This applies whether the information is obtained directly from individuals through the Homotopia website, via our partner theatres and venues or by completing web forms or by other means such as phone calls, e-mail, printed forms, or in person. It also applies to information obtained from publicly available sources.
In all instances Homotopia is the data controller.
Whose information do we collect?
We collect personal information about the following categories of people:
- Audience members;
- Media and press contacts;
- Artists and performers both who have taken part in the festival and who have contacted us otherwise;
- Other stakeholders;
What information do we collect?
Depending on the nature of your relationship with Homotopia, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Biographical – name, title, previous surname, date of birth or age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or information that indicates your socio-economic status;
- Contact details – postal address, email address, phone number;
- Current interests and preferences;
- Access requirement;
- Medical information;
- Occupation and professional activities;
- Attendance at events;
We will only collect this information when there is a legitimate reason for doing so.
How do we collect the information?
Information is collected under the following circumstances:
- Booking tickets online, in person or over the phone;
- Subscribing to Homotopia mailing lists or other marketing communications;
- Artists, tour managers and producers liaising with Homotopia;
- Providing information via surveys about visitor experience;
- Taking part in a competition on social media;
- Through personal contact with a staff member or trustee;
- From publicly available sources;
- Via our partner theatres and venues.
You will always be offered the opportunity to opt-out every time we communicate with you.
Why do we collect the information?
We collect the information in order to:
- provide and manage services, such as attendance at free and charged events;
- manage contact with, and provide information to, supporters;
- communicate news about Homotopia;
- communicate news about events at Homotopia;
- issue invitations to Homotopia events;
- understand who our audience is to improve our services, or to provide information to funders or touring companies (we will only share information with touring companies if you have given your consent to do so);
- Identify potential donors and sources of funding for, amongst other activities, learning and engagement, talent development, capital projects and our artistic programme;
- Provide an appropriate environment, schedule, or level of support to participants in engagement or talent development activities;
- Respond to emergency situations appropriately for participants in engagement or talent development activities and their families.
Under the terms of the GDPR the lawful bases for processing personal information are:
- we need it to fulfil a contract (e.g. ticket purchase);
- we need it to pursue our legitimate interests including by communicating with current and potential supporters; and/or,
- you have given your consent for us to do so.
Who collects the information?
Information is collected by, and on behalf of, Homotopia. It may be shared by departments within Homotopia in order for us to undertake a range of communications activities, both electronically, in print and through other channels.
Only where you explicitly consent for us to do so we will share your information with third parties which will usually be our funders of specific programmes.
How long do we hold the information?
Information is retained for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is required.
We want to be sure that we have the most up-to-date information for you. If you discover that we have outdated information, such as address, e-mail address or change of name, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where your information is stored
Your information is stored on secure, password protected computers. Access to the information is given only to staff with the appropriate authorisation. Data is held mainly in the United Kingdom with some on servers within the European Union.
Homotopia or authorised third parties may carry out film and/or sound recording during, before or after a Homotopia performance from time to time. Whilst we take reasonable steps to make sure that visitors are notified of such recording and are given an opportunity to avoid such recording, by attending our events you consent to you and any persons who may accompany you, being included in such recordings and such recordings subsequently being used by us for any reasonable commercial purposes, including without limitation, for marketing and promotional purposes. We will not make any payment to you in respect of your inclusion in such recordings.
You have the right to request copies of any of your data held by Homotopia. If you would like to request this, please e-mail email@example.com.
You have the right to have your data rectified or erased. If you would like to request this, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer want us to use or process your data, you can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe link included in emails or contact email@example.com
Contact and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about this policy please contact
Homotopia, 26 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BX or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with Homotopia’s response to your request for access to your data, or handling of your request to rectify or erase your data, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel.: 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Who to contact about the policy
Please email email@example.com or call 0151 709 1113.