We’re Recruiting: Marketing & Development Manager
3 days per week, £27,500 pro rata (£16,500)
EMPLOYMENT: Fixed term salaried role for 12 months, based at our Liverpool office, starting Feb – March 2021.
Homotopia is the UK’s longest running and best-known LGBTQIA arts and cultural organisation. In the last few years, changes to our staffing and financial structures have granted us an opportunity to revise and modernise this small but ambitious organisation.
Do you have the skills and ambition to help Homotopia move into a new chapter?
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual who is passionate about marketing excellent LGBTQIA art, to join Homotopia to lead on growing our audience and donor base, proactively increasing and diversifying our revenue streams through sales and donations.
To be responsible for the administration and operation of marketing, merchandising and individual giving fundraising activities, supported by the fundraising consultant, Producer, Festival Director and freelance PR.
We are looking for someone who;
- Is passionate about LGBTQIA culture and art
- 3-5+ years’ experience of working in marketing
- Some experience in fundraising or membership services for an arts, LGBTQIA, 3rd sector or social enterprise organisation.
- Develop (with the festival director) and deliver a year marketing strategy for the festival and year round activity
- Update social media channels and proactively find new ways of promoting Homotopia and it’s operations
- Work with the PR and festival director to coordinate marketing products including but not limited to posters, flyers, advertisements and PR stunts
- Monitor sales and ticketing for all events, reporting against marketing for each event
- With help from the business consultant and producer, set up appropriate shop and merchandising functions on Homotopia.
- Proactively promote, monitor and manage the merchandise sales for Homotopia
- Support the producer with fundraising applications by contributing to them, and attending meetings on fundraising
- Manage and develop the individual giving and donations strategy of Homotopia, as supported by the fundraising consultant
How to apply:
- Download the Marketing Manager Application Form AND an Equality and Diversity Application form,
- Complete both forms,
- Save the forms as WORD or PDF files (other formats will not be accepted),
- Email the forms as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Tuesday 19 January 2021.
If you have any trouble opening the forms or have any questions about the application process please contact Festival Director Char Binns on email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and welcome applicants from people of all backgrounds.
We would especially love to hear from applicants who belong to groups underrepresented in the arts, including QTIPoC, D/deaf and disabled, and Trans* folks.
While staff members do not have to identify as LGBTQIA, it is vital that they have a good understanding of the challenges faced by LGBTQIA people in Britain today and share our passion for queer culture.