Homotopia is an arts & social justice organisation, producing, supporting and programming queer art.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role. We appreciate the value of creating a team that has a wide range of lived-experiences and encourage applications from folks who are currently underrepresented in the arts, which might include D/deaf and disabled, neurodivergent, Black, PoC, Trans* and working class applicants.
The role is primarily based at the Homotopia office in Liverpool, but some remote and flexible working may be required, in-line with government guidance on covid-19.
Projects And Marketing Assistant (Kickstart)
We are looking to appoint a Projects and Marketing Assistant for 6 months to help with administrative support, based at our busy office. This role is being recruited through the Kickstart scheme, and you must be referred by your work coach via the Job Centre to apply.
The Kickstart scheme is specifically designed for those aged between 16 and 24, who are currently claiming Universal Credit, and may be at risk of long-term unemployment.
25 hours per week, 6 months fixed term contract, mainly across Tuesday-Thursday 9am-5pm, with some evening work
Salary: £237.50 per week (£9.50 per hour, Full Time Equivalent: £17,290)
This role is primarily based at the Homotopia office in Liverpool, but some remote and flexible working may be required, in-line with government guidance on covid-19.
The role will be split into two main areas:
a) 10 hours per week projects support
Homotopia is best known for its annual LGBTQIA arts and cultural festival every November, but we are a year-round organisation. You will be supporting Homotopia’s Producer and working across all special and year-round projects including Young Homotopia, QueerCore and Homotopia Presents.
- General office administration,
- maintaining accurate records and databases
- Responding to emails,
- Dealing with phone calls.
- Events coordination such as sourcing suppliers while working within a tight budget.
- Liaising with artists, participants, partners, venues and volunteers by email, phone and face to face.
- Other tasks reasonably assigned
b) 15 hours per week marketing support
Working alongside Homotopia’s Marketing & Development Manager, you will be supported to understand and deliver social media marketing as well as providing administrative support.
- Social media marketing, in line with the marketing strategy. This might include content creation including designing sharable images, GIFs, short videos and writing/editing blogs.
- Social media community management and engagement.
- Website support (using WordPress).
- Creating and sending digital newsletters.
- Providing administrative support for merchandise and fundraising projects.
- Other tasks reasonably assigned.
Essential Skills Experience and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will be excited to work as part of our small team and ready to learn new skills.
- They will be a confident communicator whether in-person, via email or on the phone.
- They will be able to follow instructions with strong attention to detail and feel confident to ask questions if unsure.
- A keen interest in social media marketing is preferred.
- Candidates should have an understanding of queer culture and the challenges facing the LGBTQIA community, but not necessarily direct personal experience
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this job.
Application deadline: Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 9am.
Interview date: Thursday 1 June (interviews will take place via zoom)
Start date: w/c 12th July
You must be referred by your work coach job centre, otherwise your application is NOT eligible.