in association with the Everyman & Playhouse
Submissions open until April 24th.
We are partnering with the the Everyman and Playhouse as part of their script submissions, to offer one LGBTQIA+ writer a professional rehearsed reading or workshop and £500 seed commission towards developing their work. The subject matter of a submitted script for the Homotopia Writers Award should explore LGBTQIA identities, challenges, experiences and culture.
What is script submissions
As part of their New Works team – regular development opportunities playwright support and events for new writers and theatre makers – twice a year the Everyman and Playhouse opens an unsolicited script submission window and all scripts received that fit their criteria are guaranteed dramatical feedback.
Who can send a script submission
Scrips from writers based in and/or from the Liverpool City region (Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, St Helen, Wirral).
Who can apply for the Homotopia writers award?
- Applicants who define as LGBTQIA;
- Writers whose work explores LGBTQIA identities, challenges, experiences and culture;
- Writers based in and/or from the Liverpool City Region.
What won’t be accepted
- More than one play per writer per window;
- Short plays;
- Radio, film or TV scripts;
- Poetry or prose works;
- Adaptations of novels or existing plays;
- Plays by writers who are not living in or are from the Liverpool City region.
How to submit a script
- Fill out the script submissions form;
- Email your script as a PDF or Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a completed submission form;
- Scripts should be written in a clear font (eg. size 12 in Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri);
- Ensure the pages are numbered and that you include a title page with a list of characters;
- Please do not include any personal details on the script to allow for it to be read anonymously by the Everyman & Playhouse/Homotopia’s team of readers.
How to apply for the Homotopia Writers Award
There is an option to have your script considered for the Homotopia award on the Script Submission form.
- Submissions are open March 22nd – April 24th;
- We aim to get feedback to everyone by the end of July.
What we are looking for in a script for the Homotopia Writing Award.
- The subject matter of a submitted script for the Homotopia award should explore LGBTQIA identities, challenges, experiences and culture.